Our Plan for Re-opening our churches for public Mass
and the Celebration of the Sacraments
1. Observing a two metre social distance, Rathdowney Church can accommodate 50 people (the maximum number currently allowed during the restrictions). The capacity in Errill is 35-40 people.
2. The Parish Council has decided to re-open the Church in Errill for Mass on Friday evenings at 7.30 pm, commencing Friday 2nd October. Both weekend masses will continue in Rathdowney with the advantage of those who cannot attend being able to participate via the webcam.
3. At any weekend mass a certain number of places will be reserved for families who have booked an anniversary or months-mind mass. A maximum of ten places will be reserved for each of these families.
4. The remainder of the congregation will be decided on an alphabetical basis based on the first letter of a surname. If your surname is not from the relevant category and you would like to attend Mass this weekend you may contact us on Thursday and we will reserve a seat for you if we have not reached capacity.
5. It will be essential that those from a particular alphabetical grouping contact the reservation number in advance of the mass they wish to attend. The dedicated telephone number is 085 142 9343 and reservations can be made Monday to Thursday from 10am to 12noon. Please do not come to the church for mass unless you have made contact to reserve a place.
IF YOU HAVE FEVER AND/OR COUGH OR HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH ANYONE WHO HAS TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19 DURING THE LAST 14 DAYS, YOU SHOULD NOT ATTEND MASS.
6. To assist with any possible contact tracing that may be necessary, those wishing to attend mass will be asked to provide contact information when they are reserving a place in the
7. An area of the church will be reserved for family groupings who live in the same household but we ask that they make contact on the Monday before the mass they wish to attend.
8. We ask that people attending a particular mass arrive at the church at least fifteen minutes before Mass begins. Entrance to the church is through the main front door only. An usher will meet you at the door and they will escort you to a designated place within the church. Please observe the distance markings outside the church.
9. The use of facemasks is highly recommended for all those attending Mass in our churches. Please use the hand-sanitisers at the entrance to the church and also as you exit through the side doors.
All further updates for information on booking, will be available on our website www.rathdowneyparish.ie